Formerly ENER-G Natural Power Ltd, Ylem Energy Ltd, is a leading independent power generation expert, specialising in landfill biogas utilisation.
Over the past 25 years, we have developed and operated landfill gas-to-energy projects in the UK, Spain, Poland, Hungary, Lithuania, Morocco, Mexico and South Africa. Our team is committed to finding new and innovative solutions to manage gases efficiently to generate energy, reduce CO2 emissions and meet environmental requirements.
Producing ‘green' electricity from harmful greenhouse gas and exotic fuels is at the core of our business.
Timeline indicates the dates that Ylem Energy and its sister company Biogas Technology Limited, installed and commissioned utilisation to green house gas methane destruction projects.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We are committed to developing sustainable business practices and initiatives that benefit our customers, partners and colleagues, and are mindful of the social and environmental consequences of our actions. We continually seek to improve and implement measures that will help us to sustain and continually improve on our status as a responsible organisation.
Visions and values
- We deal honestly and respectfully with our colleagues, customers and partners, aiming to develop and deliver the very best products and services, as sustainably as possible.
- This vision is guided by a strong set of values that we promote across our organisation.
- Successful & profitable long-term relationships are built on trust. Integrity underpins all of our commercial transactions, and the behaviour of our team.
- We lead by example, take responsibility for our actions and the promises we make, and always behave in an ethical, honest and transparent way to the benefit of our customers, industry and the wider community.
- In a world of depleting natural resources, we must endeavour to conserve, and re-use, leading by example through our best practice in sustainability.
- We are proud of our people – our prime asset. We recognise and value their expertise, diversity, dedication, enthusiasm and passion for work.
- We aim to create a working environment where excellence, commitment and achievement are recognised and rewarded.
- We provide a safe and secure working environment, and a level of care that generates trust, respect, open and honest communication and appreciation.
- We exist to serve our customers. We must fulfil our customer’s needs and ensure that we constantly provide the highest standard of service and exceed their expectations.
- We provide a bespoke service to all customers, anticipating their requirements and responding quickly and efficiently to enquiries.
- We believe that every member of our team, whether or not their role is customer focused, is an ambassador for the business and helps to maintain our reputation. They should uphold the customer service values of the business at all times.
- We seek out the highest quality in our products and services.
- We are proud of our high professional standards, best practice process and the quality and reliability of our products.
- We promote a quality-focused culture, both internally and externally.
CHAS (in the UK)
Entrepreneur of the Year 2014
The award for ‘contributions to the British Mexican business relationship’, was granted by the Mexican Chamber of Commerce in London. In addition to this award, Ylem’s head office in the UK is now the official Honorary Consulate for the Mexican Ambassador in London, for the northern region of the UK.