Electrical Controls and Commissioning Engineer (inc. CHP)
We're looking for an Electrical Controls and Commissioning Engineer including CHP to join our team. Please see below for further details and how to apply.
Nationwide and International
Electrical Engineering Manager
Staff reporting directly:
Organisational and departmental relationships:
Reporting directly to the Electrical Engineering Manager, you will give regular information on Electrical Engineering progress, Electrical training and competencies. You may also be required to produce written reports for the board. You will also work closely with the UK and Overseas Operations, Projects, HSQE, and Admin departments in order to achieve the aims set out below.
- To maximise electrical production and reduce operational costs by taking responsibility (where this is economically beneficial) for the operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment within your control. Key to this will be our ability to operate and maintain our own and clients generating sets and gas processing plant.
- To ensure the operation and maintenance of all operational generator sets, plant and gas systems to achieve maximum safe electrical output.
- The aim of the Company is to develop a successful, sustainable and profitable business based on gas utilisation and/or generator supply.
- The company is looking for safe, clean and well-run sites, which meet the budgetary and performance targets.
- Utilisation, compliance and improvement of the company’s operations and maintenance procedures, manuals, record keeping and stock control systems
- Day to day operations and maintenance including but not limited to; fault diagnosis, service, modification, replacement and rectification
- Development and supervision of operations staff with the intention of increasing direct responsibility (where this is cost effective) for all aspects of Electrical Maintenance
- Maintain progress on all electrical works to ensure works are carried out in a timely, efficient and safe manner
- Develop fault finding, control and replacement manuals for electrical equipment in conjunction with the Electrical Engineering Manager
- Develop, enhance and deliver electrical/technical related training courses in conjunction other departments
- Quality control and fault reporting of new plant and equipment
- Liaison with other departments on upgrading and improvement specifications
- Supervise all necessary installation and, commissioning tests and ensure that records are kept and up to date
- Ensure company quality procedures are fully implemented
- Ensure all work and practices are carried out in accordance with current H&S legislation and the company H&S policy and procedures
- A commitment to continuous enhancement of skills and knowledge, and that of the engineers working with you
- Avoid unnecessary expenditure by using skills and tools available within the company
- Managing your time and travel effectively
- Ensure inspection and maintenance of LV electrical equipment
- Supervise and undertake operation of HV switchgear
- Incorporation of new sites and plant into Operations
- Preparation of testing and commissioning strategies and setting of standards in conjunction with the Electrical Engineering Manager
- Scoping of Electrical Engineering jobs producing recommendations for works to be carried out
- Prepare develop and deliver Electrical training in conjunction with other departments
- Service and maintain plant when appropriate.
- Provide 24-hour call out support cover to respond to operating matters as per agreed rota
- Prioritisation and coordination of your own workload
- Provide support, guidance and training to the staff on fault finding, commissioning, rectifying and remediation
- Attendance at all relevant meetings
- Any reasonable task required by the management in the exercising of its goals
Knowledge / Experience:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Electrical maintenance
- Proven Experience with Gas Engines (CAT, Perkins, MAN, MWM, MTU, Merc, Scania, etc)
- Experience with electric control systems 12v DC – 415v AC 3ø
- Fault location, diagnosis and rectification
- Gassafe Accreditation
- 18th Edition
- Current Legislation
- Computer literate
- Hold full UK driver licence and passport
- Ability to use own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to meet agreed deadlines
- Flexible approach to a varying workload and travel
Problem solving and freedom to act:
You will be required to schedule and prioritise your own work to achieve agreed targets and maximise productivity. Routine decisions should be made alone but any decision, which will have a major impact on procedure, and practice, legal implications or cost implications should be authorised by the Operations Director.
The ultimate measure of the position is the provision of fair, accurate reviews on Engine Performance and Engine Development.
- Successful completion of servicing and commissioning of existing and new projects on time and within budget
- Successful electrical staff supervision and development
- Compliance with task deadlines
- Record keeping
- Assessments from your Manager through Performance & Development reviews - ‘Appraisal’
How to Apply