Site Operations Technician
Site Operations Technician
£24,604 + on call payment + bonus c.£2k = OTE £28,604k
Scotland area based although some travel in the UK may be required.
Reporting to the Deputy Area Supervisor for your area in the first instance, you will direct any queries or requirements you have through them. In their absence you will report to your Area Manager.
- To maximise electrical production and reduce operational costs by taking responsibility (where this is economically beneficial) for the operation and maintenance of as much plant and equipment as possible. Key to this will be our ability to operate and maintain our own generating sets, heat and gas processing plant.
- The aim of the Company is to develop a successful, sustainable and profitable business based on after care, flare maintenance, gas utilisation and/or generator supply.
- The company is looking for clean, safe and well-run sites, which meet the performance targets and provide full written records.
- Day to day operations of gas fields, flares, plant and generators at assigned sites in order to achieve compliance and maximum safe electrical output.
- Maintenance of all mechanical, heat and electrical plant used in the operation of landfill gas schemes (subject to training and competency).
- Provide 24-hour emergency call out cover to respond to generator set failures.
- A commitment to continuous enhancement of skills and knowledge.
- A commitment to Health & Safety and Environmental practices following all procedures and using your own judgement.
- Utilisation and compliance of the company’s operations and maintenance procedures, manuals, record keeping and stock control systems.
- Maintenance and repair of all mechanical, heat and electrical plant used to include pumps and motors.
- Field support of other Operations Technicians as required.
- Ordering of spares and control of stock.
- Gas field monitoring including maintenance and repair.
- After care and Flare maintenance to contracted landfill sites.
- Showing the company in a good light by maintaining a clean, well-run site at all times.
- Avoid unnecessary expenditure by using skills and tools available within the company and minimising reliance on contractors.
- Assistance in commissioning generator sets and acceptance of units at handover to operations.
- Work within the constraints of the company’s H&S and quality systems.
- Commitment to training to enhance knowledge and skills with regard environmental protection and materials.
- Conduct engine emissions monitoring.
- Deal directly with spillages using pollution prevention equipment.
- Completion of outstanding works raised by site audits.
- Ensure company vehicles in your care are maintained to manufacturer’s specification through the vehicle’s leasing Company.
- Liaising with Landfill site Operations Management.
- Any reasonable task required by the management in the exercising of its goals.
- Educated to GSCE level C or above including Maths & English or equivalent
- Experience in either a mechanical, heat, electrical or landfill gas skill.
- Experience working with Landfill Gas and/or on generators is advantageous.
- Gas safe accreditation advantageous
- Computer literate.
- Hold full UK drivers license for manual transmission vehicle.
- Have the ability to use own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Flexible approach to a varying workload.
You will work alone on a frequent basis and will be expected to find solutions to any problems you may encounter; however, if you are unsure of how to proceed you should refer to your Deputy Area Supervisor for guidance.
Routine decisions should be made alone providing you are confident but any decision which will have a major impact on your site or changes standard operating procedures should be authorised by the Deputy Area Supervisor or a Manager.
Your performance will be measured by:
- Site Compliance including good housekeeping,
- The amount of time your generators are available to generate.
- The amount of electricity and heat your sites produce.
- The maximum stable fuel your gas fields supply.
- Profitability of your site.
- Record keeping.
- Assessments from your Deputy Area Supervisor & Manager
- Through Performance & Development reviews - ‘Appraisal’
The successful candidate may be required to undertake a funded Gas safe accreditation Diploma course after a successful probation period.
The successful candidate will be provided with a Company Van, Tools, Laptop and Mobile Phone.
Holiday Entitlement: 25 raising to 26 after 5 year’s service. An annual option of buying up to an additional 5 days.
Medical Cover: Joining the Private Medical scheme after 3 months or receiving a monthly company subsidiary equivalent.
Private pension with 5.5% monthly company contributions
How to Apply