O&M and Standby Generator Sales Manager
Ylem Energy Ltd is one of the world’s leading independent power generation experts, specialising in landfill gas and biogas to energy projects in the UK, Europe, South Africa and Mexico.
Ylem Energy has a long tradition of self-financing, both at the initial capital stage and throughout the project life-cycle in support of O&M requirements. This flexible approach is important to ensure that small to medium scale projects, typical of the type developed by Ylem Energy, can be financed quickly without third party involvement, which would slow the process and be a potential barrier to the development of certain projects. Ylem Energy builds, owns and operates projects for the long-term and as such their “one stop shop” solution, which offers considerable benefits to all parties involved in their projects.
Ylem Energy has always carried out full O&M of its fleet of landfill-gas-fueled gensets in house. As such a comprehensive network of field engineers has been established within the business. Ylem has also extended this service to third parties within the landfill gas and biogas sectors. With the growth of natural gas fueled generation, both for CHP and gas Peakers, It is recognized that the potential for growing the O&M services exists and could offer a significant area of growth for Ylem.
Addition to the Operating and Maintenance packages that can be offered to owner of gas fueled gensets, Ylem recognises that there is also potential to sell replacement gensets into the standby generation market. This opportunity is created out of the necessity for standby generator owners to review and replace older diesel fueled gensets to meet the current and future requirements for low emissions to atmosphere. In response to this Ylem is securing exclusive distributor status with a market leading gas genset manufacturer who’s product range is designed specifically for this market.
Ylem is seeking a Sales Manager who will be responsible for the UK-wide sales of O&M services and genset sales. Importantly, the role will include finding new market opportunities and securing commercial contracts. You will report directly to the Managing Director and will work closely with the Head of Business Development (flexibility) and the technical and finance teams to generate compelling businesses cases for flexible energy solutions and to work to secure such opportunities for Ylem Energy.
You will be technologically and commercially savvy and will be responsible for:
- Managing customer relationships, both new and existing.
- Leading the process of conducting client meetings and site visits to gain a full understanding of the Clients requirements;
- Preparing and presenting detailed quotes and solutions to clients;
- Supporting customers through the implementation of Ylems solutions;
- Managing existing relationships with legacy customers where appropriate;
- Identifying and accessing new market opportunities;
- Keeping up to date with technical and regulatory requirements; and
- Representing Ylem Energy at marketing and industry events.
The Person: experience and competencies
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record of working in the energy sector. Either in traditional standby generation sales, or sales related to gas gensets and O&M related services;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a range of clients at different corporate levels;
- Possess strong ability to turn sales opportunities into sales;
- Technical and business knowledge relating to the shift towards a decentralised energy system;
- Ownership the client relationship related to energy and O&M solutions;
- To adhere to a strong and strict code of professional and ethical conduct;
- An excellent understanding of the electricity system and market;
- Experience of negotiating commercial sales contracts;
- Excellent skills in verbal communication and written and oral presentation;
- Excellent organisational skills; and
- A dynamic personality, be self-driven and highly motivated to succeed.
This is an excellent opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development of an exciting new area for a very well established and successful business.
You will have the freedom to create new opportunities and to help shape the energy business for Ylem Energy.
The energy storage and decentralisation sector is set for enormous growth in the coming years for both in front of and behind the meter opportunities and Ylem Energy is exceptionally well placed to take advantage of this.
How to Apply